Courtney Carr is Counsel in Choate's Wealth Management Group. Courtney provides comprehensive and personalized estate planning advice to high net worth individuals and their families. She specializes in developing customized estate plans for clients designed to minimize estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes and to meet each client’s personal goals for wealth transfer.
Wealth Management: counsels multigenerational families across the United States and abroad on all aspects of wealth management, including development and implementation of sophisticated estate planning strategies designed to minimize transfer taxes and preserve family wealth.
Gift and Estate Planning: assists clients in matters ranging from basic estate planning (wills, revocable trusts, durable powers of attorney and health care proxies) to sophisticated strategies for lifetime asset transfers, including grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), family limited partnerships, and income tax advantaged grantor trusts.
- “Revocable Trusts,” presenter, Boston Bar Association, March 2, 2016.
- “Estate and Gift Tax Marital Deductions,” presenter, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, October 13, 2015.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 2009, summa cum laude
- Articles Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- Colby College
- BA, 2006, magna cum laude