Jennifer Snyder provides clients around the world with a broad array of services that covers all aspects of estate and individual tax planning, including sophisticated wealth transfer strategies and charitable giving techniques. She provides clients with exemplary personalized attention, advising a client base of in all aspects of estate planning, including the administration and taxation of estates and trusts. Her recent representation includes:
- advising clients on gifting strategies that have saved tens of millions of dollars in transfer taxes
- representing family members and professionals at multi-generational family offices on estate and tax planning, trust administration and reporting issues
- assisting individuals with their complex multi-national tax issues relating to trusts where beneficiaries reside in multiple countries
Jennifer was named the 2012 Boston “Lawyer of the Year” for Trusts and Estates Law by Best Lawyers in America and was also named one of the nation's top trusts and estates attorneys by Bloomberg Magazine. Jennifer is listed as a leading individual in Chambers HNW Guide 2017. She has been ranked among the top 50 women by Massachusetts Super Lawyers and has received Boston Magazine’s FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Award.
Wealth Management: advises on a wide range of issues relating to wills, trusts and sophisticated wealth transfer strategies, including pre-IPO planning, tax advice, fiduciary investments, charitable giving and the administration of estates.
Estate & Trust Administration: extensive experience in estate and trust administration, including serving as a professional trustee and protector.
International Estate Planning: represents multiple generations of international families and advises trustees of offshore trusts.
Publications and Presentations
- A presentation on inbound and outbound estate planning, International Estate Planning Committee annual conference, 2010.
- "Unexpected Perils in US-UK Tax Planning," author, Private Wealth Management, 2004/2005.
- Ms. Snyder frequently speaks on estate planning at Federal Tax Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and Boston Bar Association seminars.
Professional and Community Involvement
She is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and a council member of its International Estate Planning Committee. She is a member of the Boston Estate Planning Council, STEP, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, the International Academy of Estate and Trust Law and the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners. Ms. Snyder also serves as a member of the Advisory Board of the Big Sister Association of Greater Boston.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 1981, with honors
- Suffolk Law Review
- San Francisco State University
- MA, 1978
- University of California at Santa Barbara
- BA, 1972, with honors