Choate Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers
Choate announced today that 48 of its attorneys – more than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019. Best Lawyers® is based on over six million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers, and “is regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.”
Many of the Firm’s attorneys were listed in multiple categories. Seven of the Firm’s partners – A. Silvana (Nan) Giner (Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law), Dr. Brenda Herschbach Jarrell (Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice), Christine G. Savage (Health Care Law), Diana K. Lloyd (Litigation - Securities), John A. Meltaus (Technology Law), Michael T. Gass (Corporate Governance Law), and Robert M. Buchanan, Jr. (Antitrust Law) - were named “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston for their respective practice areas.
Choate’s Best Lawyers include:
- Antitrust Law – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr.
- Appellate Practice – A. Hugh Scott and Margaret H. Marshall
- Banking and Finance Law – Lyman G. Bullard, Jr., James A. McDaniel, Peter M. Palladino, and John F. Ventola
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Douglas R. Gooding, Kevin J. Simard, and John F. Ventola
- Bet-the-Company Litigation – Jack Cinquegrana, Joan A. Lukey, and A. Hugh Scott
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences Law – Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, Ph.D. and Eric J. Marandett
- Business Organizations – William P. Gelnaw, Jr.
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law –William P. Gelnaw, Jr., A. Silvana (Nan) Giner, and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Commercial Litigation – Michael Bunis, Mark D. Cahill, Jack Cinquegrana, Robert S. Frank, Jr., Michael T. Gass, Joan A. Lukey, Margaret H. Marshall, John A. Nadas, E. Macey Russell, A. Hugh Scott, and Daniel C. Winston
- Corporate Law – William P. Gelnaw, Jr., Robert V. Jahrling III, Brian P. Lenihan, John A. Meltaus, Stephen O. Meredith, Laurence P. Naughton, and Peter M. Palladino
- Corporate Compliance Law – Michael T. Gass and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Corporate Governance Law – Michael T. Gass and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Criminal Defense: White Collar – Jack Cinquegrana, Diana K. Lloyd, A. Hugh Scott, and Melissa Bayer Tearney
- Criminal Defense: General Practice – Jack Cinquegrana and Diana K. Lloyd
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – Arthur S. Meyers
- Employment Law: Individuals – Joan A. Lukey
- Employment Law: Management – Arthur S. Meyers and Alison F. Reif
- Health Care Law – Lee Feldman, Julia Hesse, and Christine G. Savage
- Insurance Law – David A. Attisani, Mark D. Cahill, Robert A. Kole, John A. Nadas, and A. Hugh Scott
- Litigation: Antitrust – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr.
- Litigation: Bankruptcy – Douglas R. Gooding and John F. Ventola
- Litigation: ERISA – Arthur S. Meyers
- Litigation: First Amendment – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Intellectual Property – Michael Bunis, Robert S. Frank, Jr., Eric J. Marandett and Daniel C. Winston
- Litigation: Labor & Employment – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Patent – Robert S. Frank, Jr. and Eric J. Marandett
- Litigation: Personal Injury (Plaintiffs) – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Product Liability (Defendants) – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Securities–Jack Cinquegrana and Diana K. Lloyd
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law – William P. Gelnaw, Jr. and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Non-Profit/Charities Law – Charles A. Cheever
- Patent Law – Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, Ph.D.
- Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law – Louis J. Marett
- Project Finance Law – James A. McDaniel and Peter M. Palladino
- Real Estate Law – David B. Currie, Paul C. Laudano, and Michael S. Sophocles
- Securities/Capital Markets Law – Robert V. Jahrling III
- Securities Regulation – John R. Pitfield
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law – Peter M. Palladino
- Sports Law – Lyman G. Bullard, Jr.
- Tax Law – Louis J. Marett
- Technology Law – John A. Meltaus
- Trusts & Estates – Kristin T. Abati, Charles A. Cheever, A. Silvana (Nan) Giner, William A. Lowell, Brian W. Monnich, and Jennifer C. Snyder
- Venture Capital Law – Brian D. Goldstein, Kimberley J. Kaplan-Gross, Brian P. Lenihan, and John A. Meltaus