Choate Elects Six to Partnership
Today Choate announced its largest class of new equity partners in the Firm’s history. Each new partner focuses on a practice or specialty of strategic importance to the Firm’s clients and is a leader in his or her respective field:
- Mark DeFeo, a member of Choate’s Private Equity Group, represents clients in buy-outs, growth equity financings, exits, and other significant transactions – and advises portfolio companies and other businesses on add-on acquisitions, equity financings, recapitalizations, corporate governance, and other strategic business matters.
- Jes Lambert, a member of Choate’s Wealth Management Group, provides comprehensive and personalized estate planning advice to high net worth individuals and families, with an emphasis on sophisticated wealth transfer strategies to minimize estate, gift and generation skipping transfer taxes.
- Renat Lumpau, a member of Choate’s Wealth Management Group, provides comprehensive tax and estate planning advice for U.S. and international clients, including private equity and hedge fund principals, business owners, high net worth foreign nationals, and beneficiaries of wealth legacies.
- Wells Miller, a member of Choate’s Labor, Employment & Benefits and Tax Groups, advises clients on the executive compensation and benefits-related aspects of private equity and other strategic transactions and assists executives and employers with the negotiation, structure, and implementation of effective cash and equity compensation plans and employee benefit arrangements in compliance with ERISA and the tax code.
- Brian Reese, a member of Choate’s Life Sciences and Intellectual Property Groups, provides comprehensive and pragmatic counsel to clients in the life sciences industries to help them navigate and position themselves within the marketplace – building exclusivity positions that embrace intellectual property rights, corporate agreements, and regulatory options.
- Anita Spieth, a member of Choate’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group, provides clients including life sciences companies, software and hardware developers, and telecommunications and internet service providers with practical advice regarding challenging issues in patent, trade secret, and copyright litigation.
These new elections to Firm partnership are effective January 1, 2021.