Anita Spieth is counsel in Choate's Intellectual Property Litigation Group. In 2017, Ms. Spieth was named a “Next Generation Lawyer” by Legal 500 US and a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Complex Intellectual Property Disputes: assists in patent, trade secret, copyright and trademark litigation on behalf of leading corporations, frequently including software and hardware developers, telecommunications and internet service providers and biotechnology companies.
- Represented US clothing retailer against claims of copyright infringement involving use of patterned fabric in apparel products.
- Represented US clothing retailer against claims of trademark and trade dress infringement involving logo used on apparel.
- Represented technology company in numerous misappropriation of trade secret actions relating to enterprise security, eGRC implementations and data storage technology. Cases also involved former employee’s violation of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. Successfully pursued and obtained preliminary injunctions.
- Represented leader in production of and supply of reagents for life sciences industry in action against former employees and new competing venture for theft of trade secrets.
- Represented mobile CT manufacturer in lawsuit against former Principal Mechanical Engineer and new employer. Lawsuit alleged former employee misappropriated confidential information and violated non-compete obligations by working simultaneously for both companies. Technology related to computed tomography with specific emphasis on detector arrays, scintillator crystals and data acquisition systems.
- Assisted in representation of leading technology corporation in litigation against investment firm in securities fraud case.
- Assisted in defense of media outlet against defamation claims.
- Member of arbitration team that successfully represented company in dispute over costs of buying out minority shareholder.
- Researched and executed Digital Millennium Copyright Act internet take-downs of infringing media on behalf of leading financial institution.
Publications and Presentations
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Spieth is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association. She represents individuals seeking asylum through Choate’s partnership with the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project.
Education & Credentials
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2009
- Boston College
- BA, 2004, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts