Howard Rosenblum focuses his practice on the formation of, and investments by domestic and international private equity funds, and provides general representation to emerging growth enterprises. Prior to joining Choate, Mr. Rosenblum was a partner in the Corporate and Securities Group at DLA Piper and a partner in the Corporate Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault. He has been listed in Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal and The Legal 500.
Private Equity: regularly represents middle market private equity and venture capital funds in fund formation and operations; venture and growth equity investments and mergers. Extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Business & Technology: frequently serves as outside corporate counsel for privately held companies in high growth industries including software, technology, medical device, retail and telecommunications.
- Represented venture capital fund of funds in $400 million fund formation and all investment transactions.
- Represented leading Israeli fund of funds and secondary fund in multiple fund formations.
- Represented North Carolina-based growth equity fund in $390 million fund formation.
- Represented California-based enterprise software venture fund in $125 million fund formation.
- Represented Cincinnati-based late-stage venture fund in $200 million fund formation.
- Represented customized online printing company in investment in Brazilian printing company.
- Represented Florida-based late-stage venture capital fund in connection with $164 million fund formation.
- Represented Baltimore-based late-stage venture capital fund in connection with formation of fourth fund.
- Represented numerous Israeli venture capital funds in connection with fund formation and operational activities.
- Represented venture capital funds in numerous first, second and later round financings.
Publications and Presentations
- “What LPs Really Think About the VC Fundraising Environment," moderator, National Venture Capital Association, March 2015.
- "Venture Capital Fundraising Environment," moderator, National Venture Capital Association, January 2012.
- "Beyong the Limited Partnership Agreement- Issues for Challenging Times," panelist, National Venture Capital Association, January 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Rosenblum serves as a Trustee of the Boston Classical Orchestra. He has been an instructor for the Kauffman Fellows Program and Entrepreneur Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities.
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1979, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania
- BA, 1976, cum laude
Choate recently advised Tel Aviv-based venture capital firm TLV Partners in the closing of its second fund at $150 million from both new and existing investors, with a significant portion generated from American institutional investors.
Choate recently advised TrueBridge Capital Partners on the formation of its fifth venture capital fund-of-funds. Closing at $450 million, “Truebridge Capital Partners Fund V, L.P.”, exceeded its original target by $75 million. With this latest fund TrueBridge now manages over $2.2 billion in assets.
Choate recently advised Frontier Capital on the closing of its significantly oversubscribed Frontier Fund V at $700 million.