Howard Rosenblum focuses his practice on the formation of, and investments by domestic and international private equity funds, and provides general representation to emerging growth enterprises. Prior to joining Choate, Mr. Rosenblum was a partner in the Corporate and Securities Group at DLA Piper and a partner in the Corporate Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault. He has been listed in Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal and The Legal 500.
Private Equity: regularly represents middle market private equity and venture capital funds in fund formation and operations; venture and growth equity investments and mergers. Extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Business & Technology: frequently serves as outside corporate counsel for privately held companies in high growth industries including software, technology, medical device, retail and telecommunications.
- Represented venture capital fund of funds in $450 million fund formation and all investment transactions.
- Represented leading Israeli fund of funds and secondary fund in multiple fund formations.
- Represented North Carolina-based growth equity fund in $700 million fund formation.
- Represented California-based enterprise software venture fund in $200 million fund formation.
- Represented numerous Israeli venture capital funds in connection with fund formation and operational activities.
- Represented manager of separate accounts for state pension fund venture capital investments.
- Represented customized online printing company in investment in Brazilian printing company.
- Represented venture capital funds in numerous first, second and later round financings.
Publications and Presentations
- “What LPs Really Think About the VC Fundraising Environment," moderator, National Venture Capital Association, March 2015.
- "Venture Capital Fundraising Environment," moderator, National Venture Capital Association, January 2012.
- "Beyong the Limited Partnership Agreement- Issues for Challenging Times," panelist, National Venture Capital Association, January 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Rosenblum has been an instructor for the Kauffman Fellows Program and Entrepreneur Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities.
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1979, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania
- BA, 1976, cum laude
Always had a solution to overcome any impasse and move us forward to our closing.
TrueBridge Capital Partners Raises $170M for Seed & Micro-VC Fund I
Choate represented TrueBridge Capital Partners as it raised $170M for its Seed and Micro-VC Fund I, its first venture capital fund-of-funds focused solely on seed and micro-VC firms.
Choate Attorneys Honored as Global Leaders by Who’s Who Legal 2021 Guide
Four Choate lawyers have been honored in the 2021 edition of Who’s Who Legal, the comprehensive guide to leading practitioners and expert witnesses in the community.
Chambers USA 2021 Guide Recognizes Choate Lawyers and Practice Groups
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 28 Choate partners as leading counsel in their respective fields, with five receiving Band 1 rankings.
TrueBridge Capital Partners Raises $600M for Sixth Venture Capital Fund-of-Funds
Choate represented TrueBridge Capital Partners as it raised $600 million for its sixth venture capital fund-of-funds.
jSonar Secures $50M in Funding From Goldman Sachs
Choate represented jSonar, a database security company, in its $50M Series C financing from Goldman Sachs.