Lee Feldman is co-chair of Choate's Private Equity Group. He has been included in Best Lawyers of America and named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Private Equity: representation of private equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies in buy-outs, investment and fund formation transactions in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, energy and clean-tech and financial services.
Mergers & Acquisitions: leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions and going private transactions for companies in many industries.
Mr. Feldman’s prior experience includes serving as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of American Dental Partners, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADPI).
- Numerous leveraged buyouts by private equity fund clients of health care IT and health services businesses.
- Multiple acquisitions and investments on behalf of private equity fund clients in software as service businesses.
- Numerous transactions in energy and clean-tech sector, including representation of leading strategic acquiror/consolidator and clean-tech venture capital firm.
- Numerous buy-side and sell-side transactions in dental practice management sector.
- Numerous transactions in energy and clean-tech sector, including representation of leading strategic acquirer/consolidator and clean-tech venture capital firm.
- $640 million sale of private-equity backed nursing home operator to large buyout fund.
- $770 million merger of equals and subsequent $110 million acquisition by publicly-traded identity solutions company.
- Numerous minority growth equity investments on behalf of private equity fund clients in a variety of industries.
- Representation of founder-owned business in connection with exit transactions involving financial and strategic acquirers.
Publications and Presentations
- “M&A Trends in the DSO Industry,” panelist and conference co-organizer, Conference for Dental Service Organizations, New York, June 2014.
- “Independent Founder-Owned DSOs/Large Group Practices,” panel moderator and conference co-organizer, Conference for Dental Service Organizations, New York, May 2013.
- “Key Deal-Making Trends: Lessons From the Healthcare Industry,” moderator, iGlobal Forum’s Annual M&A Investing Summit, New York, February 2013.
- “Q&A With Choate’s Lee Feldman,” featured, Private Equity Law360, November 2011.
- “Managing the Impact of the Federal Healthcare Policy Shift – The Legal & Regulatory Changes That Will Impact PE Investors Most,” moderator, New Sectors, New Structures, New Opportunities for Private Equity Investing in Healthcare, Now That the Government’s Reforms Have Tilted the Playing Field, Capital Roundtable MasterClass, New York, October 2010.
- “Negotiating Sell-Side Engagement Letters,” co-author, Buyouts Magazine, August 2010.
- “Middle Markets,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium, April 2010.
- "Beyond the First Round," panelist, Harvard Business School Entrepreneurship Conference, February 2010.
- "Executing Healthcare Buyouts During this Tough Environment," moderator, Healthcare Buyouts – Where PE Investors Can Find Opportunities After Obama’s Healthcare Reforms, Capital Roundtable Healthcare MasterClass, New York, November 2009.
- “The Complexity of Compromise,” co-author, Mergers & Acquisitions, August 2009.
- “Opportunities in the Middle Market,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium, April 2009.
- “Antidote,” quoted, PrivateEquityCentral.net, December 2008.
- “Money, Medicine, and Regulatory Minefields — Navigating Healthcare Services Buyouts,” co-author, Buyouts Magazine, April 2006.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Feldman is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. He has served on the firm's Executive Committee and Compensation Committee. Mr. Feldman is a passionate tennis player and was a member of Columbia University's tennis team that won an Ivy League Championship and competed in the NCAA Division I National Championships.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 1993
- Editor in Chief, Banking Law Journal
- Columbia University
- BA, 1989
Choate announced today that 48 of its attorneys – more than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019.
Choate represented Tower Arch Capital, a Utah-based private equity fund, in its recapitalization of Kiinde LLC, a designer and manufacturer of infant and baby feeding products.
Choate represented Tower Arch Capital, a Utah-based private equity fund, in its acquisition of Panoramic Doors, a designer and manufacturer of patented, independent panel patio door systems used in residential and commercial applications.
Choate represented Synoptek, a top-ranked IT managed service and cloud service provider and portfolio company of Sverica Capital Management, in its acquisition of Indusa, a global technology company focused on end-to-end enterprise software solutions.
Choate recently represented Mainsail Partners in its $60 million growth equity investment in FairWarning Technologies.