Mike Gass, Greg Keating, Christine Savage
Diana Lloyd, Jack Cinquegrana, Melissa Tearney
- toggleMelissa Tearney Selected by The NLJ
Melissa Tearney has been selected as a "White Collar Crime Trailblazer" by The National Law Journal. Read more...
Choate was ranked among the best law firms in this year's US News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" list, and has been named as an elite "National Tier 1" law firm in 4 practice areas. Choate also received top "Tier 1" Boston rankings in 27 practice areas. Read more...
Choate’s expertise covers the spectrum of securities fraud cases, including DOJ investigations, SEC investigations and enforcement actions, and private class action and derivative litigation. We have successfully defended many companies and individuals in a variety of cases involving revenue recognition, insider trading, market manipulation, market timing and stock option dating practices. We currently represent companies, special committees and individuals in a number of options dating cases.
Choate represents companies and individuals in connection with major Department of Justice healthcare fraud investigations and prosecutions. Recent matters include the defense of national pharmaceutical companies and their officers and employees, a national health insurer in an aggressively litigated qui tam case, and one of the state’s largest managed care health plans.
"a thriving national practice, driven by its expertise in white-collar crime"
Represent companies and individuals in government investigations and prosecutions.
Complex Internal Investigations
Conduct internal investigations for public and private companies, and due diligence and portfolio company investigations for private equity funds.
Veteran Former Prosecutors
Three partners are former Assistant US Attorneys with extensive prosecution experience. Practice group partners recognized for excellence:
- Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers
- President of Boston Bar Association
- Chambers USA
- The Best Lawyers in America
- The International Who’s Who of Business Crime Lawyers
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Top Women of Law
- Top 50 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Top 100
Resolving Sensitive Matters Early
Group focused on:
- Resolving matters at earliest possible stage before indictment or trial and without publicity
- Treating sensitive matters discreetly
- Achieving success at every level of engagement
Litigators expert in securities, healthcare, corporate, tax, finance, IP, labor & employment and environmental law.
Experts in Whistleblower Defense
Experts in representing companies facing whistleblower and retaliation claims arising under Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, False Claims Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as growing number of state whistleblower statutes.
Experience in a broad range of criminal and civil investigations and litigation, involving:
- Pharmaceutical and medical device marketing practices
- Anti-kickback claims, false claims and whistleblower (qui tam) defense
- Grants management practices
- Internal investigations and compliance programs
- Securities fraud, revenue recognition, options dating and insider trading
- Hedge funds, mortgage backed securities
- Dodd-Frank whistleblower investigations
- Fraud and false claims in government contracts
- Internal investigations and board representation
- Internal investigations
- Compliance and training
- Remediation and reporting
- Export controls investigations
- Environmental crimes
- Tax investigations, disclosures and defense
- Defense contracting fraud
Lawyers appear before civil and criminal courts and government agencies across United States.