A wide range of clients across industries, from leading financial institutions to universities, rely on litigator Sam Rudman in their largest cases. Sam has helped steer clients through brand-threatening, high-stakes civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on class actions, including through trials and appeals. He has experience defending cases arising under state and federal antitrust laws, the securities laws, Title VII, and Title IX.
His clients include public and private companies, investment advisers, private equity companies, and academic institutions.
- Cultural Care, sponsor of the au pair cultural exchange program, in nationwide class action litigation alleging claims based on antitrust, Fair Labor Standards Act, RICO, consumer protection, and other state laws.
- A leading distributor of consumer electronics in nationwide class action litigation under state unfair competition laws.
- A private equity company in international arbitration concerning alleged fraud in the operation of a portfolio company.
- Multiple Ivy League universities in cases concerning alleged violations of Title IX.
Education & Credentials
- University of Michigan Law School
- JD, 2012, magna cum laude
Henry M. Bates Memorial Scholarship (Michigan Law School’s highest honor)
Winner, Henry M. Campbell Moot Court Competition
- Amherst College
- BA, 2009, magna cum laude
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Honorable Steven M. Colloton
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Honorable Amul R. Thapar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky