Alyson Stewart represents borrowers in finance transactions. She works with private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, private and public companies, and financial institutions, advising them on term loans, cash flow and asset-based revolvers, first and second lien financings, mezzanine financings, bridge loans, and public and private notes offerings.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Sceptre Hospitality Resources, a Serent Capital portfolio company, in a cross-border transaction to finance the acquisition of Avvio, an Irish hotel technology company.
- Millennium Systems International, a Serent portfolio company and a leading software provider to the spa and salon industry, in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities.
- Serent Capital in connection with senior secured financing for its investment in LinkIt!, a K-12 software company.
- Serent Capital in connection with senior secured financing for its investment in BS&A, a leading ERP software provider to municipalities.
- New Heritage Capital in connection with senior secured financing for its investment in Stratus Technology Services, a global provider of specialized technology services.
- DeWinter Group, a New Heritage Capital portfolio company, in connection with refinancing of its asset-based revolver.
- Perkins Biomedical, a Copley Equity Partners portfolio company and laboratory equipment service business, in connection with an asset-based revolver financing.
- Leadpoint Business Services, a Copley Equity Partners portfolio company and provider of high-performance work teams, in connection with asset-based revolving and cash flow credit facilities.
- The Roof Depot, a Copley Equity Partners portfolio company, in connection with refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities.
- Marlabs, a BV Investment Partners portfolio company, in connection with expansion of its senior secured credit facilities.
- Spectrum Equity in the sale of Teacher Pay Teachers.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 2004, summa cum laude
- Executive Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- Boston College
- BA, 1993
Choate represented Century Equity Partners in the sale of its portfolio company, DOXA Insurance Holdings, to Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
Choate represented Serent Capital in a significant growth investment in BS&A, a leading ERP software provider to municipalities. The investment will enable BS&A to accelerate its geographic expansion and drive further adoption of its market-leading cloud product.
Choate represented Apex HCM, a portfolio company of Serent Capital, in its acquisition by IRIS Software Group, a leading global software provider of accountancy and payroll solutions.
Choate represented Serent Capital in its investment in LinkIt!, a K-12 software company dedicated to improving student performance through the efficient use of data.
Choate represented Serent Capital and its portfolio company Sceptre Hospitality Resources (SHR) in SHR’s acquisition of Avvio, the Irish hotel tech pioneer.