Brian King has more than 20 years of experience providing strong legal counsel, along with practical business advice, to clients in all facets of commercial real estate matters. Brian routinely works with developers, lenders, retailers, investors, and other companies around the country that are involved with commercial real estate on acquisitions, financings, leasing, and development of every asset class of real estate, including office, retail, hotel, and multi-family properties.
His clients have included The Hanover Insurance Group, Fidelity Investments, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Gordon Brothers Group, Wells Fargo, Ipsen Pharmaceutical, Massachusetts Department of Transportation, and Perkins School for the Blind.
- $500 million multi-use, redevelopment project on 20-acre site in downtown Worcester.
- $492 million sale/leaseback and debt transfer transaction involving two first-class office buildings in downtown Boston for major financial services firm.
- $200 million loan to a leading office supply retailer as part of a multi-billion dollar take private transaction involving over 100 properties.
- Negotiation of lease of space in Kendall Square for 65,000 square feet of office and lab space.
- $350 million loan facility involving over 120 shipping facilities in 38 states.
- Negotiation of lease for 100,000 square feet of space in first-class office building in Boston.
- $43 million acquisition of 48-acre corporate campus in Rhode Island.
- Long-term leasing of 30-acre site to nationally-known home improvement retailer.
- $30 million loan facility for acquisition of restaurant company involving over 100 properties in California.
- Acquisition and financing of 250,000 square foot shopping mall.
- Negotiated site and tower leases with national wireless companies on behalf of local governmental authority.
"Drummer Boy Makes Some Noise On Mass. Superpriority Liens," co-author, Real Estate Law360, June 2016.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1994, magna cum laude
- Note Editor and Review Staff
- Providence College
- BA, 1991, summa cum laude
Choate represented Pathlight Capital in its $150M term loan credit facility to HBC, a holding company of portfolio businesses operating at the intersection of retail and real estate.
Forty-four of our attorneys – including more than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021.
On April 20, 2020, Governor Baker signed into law “An Act providing for a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures during the COVID-19 Emergency.”
The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection has issued for the first time draft perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) regulations. The regulation of PFAS is a significant issue for property owners, industrial operators, and water suppliers.
Choate represented CitySquare Development II Co. LLC (an affiliate of The Hanover Group) in a dispute regarding the demolition of the Notre Dame des Canadiens Church, which was sold in 2010 by the Diocese of Worcester.