Brian King has over 20 years experience in handling all facets of commercial real estate transactions.
Real Estate Development: representation of owners/developers in acquisitions, dispositions and development of office, multi-family residential, retail and industrial properties.
Leasing: representation of both landlords and tenants in commercial lease matters including office, retail, restaurant, laboratory and industrial/warehouse leases.
Real Estate Finance: serves as counsel to both borrowers and lenders in commercial mortgage finance or equity investment transactions.
Transaction Structuring: entity creation and advice in connection with transaction structure issues including tax-free exchanges and joint ventures.
- $500 million multi-use, redevelopment project on 20-acre site in downtown Worcester.
- $492 million sale/leaseback and debt transfer transaction involving two first-class office buildings in downtown Boston for major financial services firm.
- $350 million loan facility involving over 120 shipping facilities in 38 states.
- Negotiation of lease for 100,000 square feet of space in first-class office building in Boston
- $43 million acquisition of 48-acre corporate campus in Rhode Island.
- Long-term leasing of 30-acre site to nationally-known home improvement retailer.
- $30 million loan facility for acquisition of restaurant company involving over 100 properties in California.
- Acquisition and financing of 250,000 square foot shopping mall.
- Negotiated site and tower leases with national wireless companies on behalf local governmental authority.
"Drummer Boy Makes Some Noise On Mass. Superpriority Liens," co-author, Real Estate Law360, June 2016.
Professional and Community Involvement
Brian King is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties.
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1994, magna cum laude
- Note Editor and Review Staff
- Providence College
- BA, 1991, summa cum laude