Geoffrey Mason advises high net worth clients on estate planning and trust administration. He works with private equity and venture capital principals, corporate executives, and entrepreneurs to develop and implement estate and gift plans that meet their personal and financial goals in a tax-efficient manner. Geoff also serves as trustee of many family trusts, and advises trustees and beneficiaries in connection with investment, tax, and fiduciary matters.
In addition, Geoff advises trust companies and major non-profit organizations with respect to charitable trust administration and planned giving.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2023)
- Boston Magazine “Top Lawyers” (2021)
- Chambers High Net Worth (2021-2023)
Publications and Presentations
- “Marital Estate Planning After Tax Reform,” co-presenter, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., July 2019 and July 2018.
- “2017 Tax Reform/Charitable Planning Update,” co-presenter, State Street Global Advisors Charitable Asset Management 2018 Gift Planning Conference, April 10, 2018.
Education & Credentials
- New York University School of Law
- JD, 2005, cum laude
- Robert McKay Scholar
- Colby College
- BA, 2000, with honors
Choate is ranked as a Band 1 Massachusetts Private Wealth Law practice in the 2023 edition of Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), along with nine partners receiving local and national rankings.