Bob Jahrling concentrates primarily in the areas of securities law, corporate finance and acquisitions.
Bob is listed in Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America and has been named in The Legal 500 United States, a guide to the preeminent law firms in the US. He is also named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer and ranked in the IFLR1000.
- General counsel to public business process management (BPM) and customer relationship management (CRM) software company.
- General counsel to public technology and market research firm.
- General counsel to satellite-based Internet backbone infrastructure solutions company.
- Counsel to special committee of board of directors of vitamin and supplements company in connection with sale of company.
- Hospice care company in connection with its initial public offering of common stock.
- Leading private equity firm in connection with its spinout and financing of software business.
- Manufacturer of semiconductor components with applications for defense industry in connection with its sale to public company strategic buyer.
- Financial services market research firm in connection with its sale to public company strategic buyer.
- Private equity sponsor in connection with leveraged buyout of nursing home chain.
- General counsel to hydrokinetic power generation company.
Publications and Presentations
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- Member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations.
Education & Credentials
- University of Virginia School of Law
- JD, 1983
- Dartmouth College
- AB, 1979
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 28 Choate partners as leading counsel in their respective fields, with five receiving Band 1 rankings.
Forty-four of our attorneys – including more than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021.
Choate represented Creation Technologies in its acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries from industrials to healthcare.
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 27 Choate partners as leading counsel in their respective fields, with several receiving Band 1 rankings.
Choate represented Pegasystems in connection with its issuance of $600M of 0.75% convertible senior notes due 2025 via a private offering to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.