Choate Ranks Highly in The Legal 500 2021 Guide
The Legal 500 2021 recognized 31 Choate attorneys in their respective fields and 11 practice areas, with education and middle-market M&A receiving Tier 1 rankings.
Choate received a nationwide ranking in the following categories:
- Education (Tier 1) - Adam Bookbinder, Joan Lukey, Alison Reif, Christine Savage
- M&A: middle-market, sub-$500m (Tier 1) – Sarah Camougis, Brian Goldstein, John Pitfield (Leading Lawyer), Daniel Riley (Rising Star), Tobin Sullivan,
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional – Louis Marett, Wells Miller
- Insurance: advice to insurers – David Attisani (Hall of Fame), J.P. Jaillet (Next Generation Partners), Robert Kole
- Leading trial lawyers – Joan Lukey
- Patents: Prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings) – Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, Charles Lyon, Eric Marandett
- Private equity buyouts – Lee Feldman, Rees Hawkins, T.J. Murphy
- Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate – Doug Gooding, Sean Monahan, John Ventola
- Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters) – Adam Bookbinder, Michael Bunis, Mark Edgarton, Eric Marandett, Paul Popeo, Anita Spieth (Next Generation Partners)
- US taxes: non-contentious – Timothy Becker, John Chambers, Olivier Leger, Louis Marett, Kevin Sarro
- Venture capital and emerging companies – Brian Goldstein, John Pitfield, Tobin Sullivan
Each year, qualified journalists and researchers from The Legal 500 spend several months conducting in-depth research into the market through interviews with clients and lawyers across the world.