Kate Lazdowski, a principal in Choate’s Finance and Restructuring Practice Group, helps financial institutions, corporate borrowers, and private equity sponsors to successfully complete a variety of complex financial transactions, including secured and unsecured lending transactions, acquisition financings, working capital and other senior credit facilities, and second-lien and mezzanine debt financings. With a deep understanding of the industries in which her clients are active in lending – principally retail, manufacturing, and consumer products – Kate advises on sophisticated asset-based financings, cash flow financing, and syndicated debt financings, both domestically and cross-border.
Kate’s clients include Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of America, Citizens Bank, U.S. Bank, and PNC Bank.
- Agent in connection with $260 million syndicated asset-based revolving credit facility to national cold storage and logistics company used to fund the acquisition of a strategic business, refinance indebtedness and to support working capital and future acquisitions.
- Agent in $400 million working capital and acquisition facility ($225 million term loan and $175 million revolving facility) for ESOP-owned designer and manufacturer of specialty metal cutting products.
- Citizens Bank in connection with $150 million senior secured credit facility to Steven Madden and its subsidiaries used for general corporate purposes.
- Various transactions representing institutional investors as debt lenders in connection with the acquisition of companies, including manufacturing companies and consulting companies.
- U.S. Bank in connection with credit facility used by Minnesota United Football Club to construct a new stadium in St. Paul.
- Truist Bank, as agent, in connection with delayed draw term loan facility required to construct a new baseball stadium for the Texas Rangers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Turnaround Management Association Northeast Board of Directors
- Member of the Women’s Bar Association
Education & Credentials
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- JD, 2010
- College of the Holy Cross
- BA, 2004, cum laude
Choate represented Crystal Financial in connection with its exit asset-based credit facility to True Religion, the global denim and apparel brand.
Choate represented Citizens Bank, N.A., as Agent, in connection with a $150,000,000 senior secured loan to Steven Madden and various of its subsidiaries.
Choate represented GACP Finance Co., LLC in connection with a $40,000,000 second lien term loan to Vista Outdoor Inc., a global, publically traded company that specializes in the design, manufacturing and marketing of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreations market.
Choate recently represented Sverica Capital Management in its platform growth investment in Gorilla Logic, LLC.
Choate represented Second Avenue Capital Partners, LLC in a senior secured credit facility to Tommie Cooper Holdings, Inc., a manufacturer of patented copper-infused compression apparel for everyday wear.