Kate Reynolds represents financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private equity sponsors in a variety of complex financial transactions, including secured and unsecured lending transactions, acquisition financings, working capital and other senior credit facilities, and second-lien and mezzanine debt financings. Prior to joining Choate in 2012, she practiced at a national law firm where her areas of focus included advising financial institutions in connection with syndicated debt financings and asset-based financings, particularly for retail and consumer products companies.
Finance: Represents commercial banks and other financial institutions in single-lender and multi-lender transactions to provide financing for companies in a variety of industries.
- Represented agent in connection with structuring and workout of $300,000,000 senior secured revolving credit facility to major grocery store chain.
- Represented agent in connection with amendment to existing revolving credit agreement to add term loan facility to fund acquisition.
- Represented lender in connection with a $7,000,000 term loan to a sporting goods company.
- Represented institutional investors as mezzanine debt lenders in connection with the acquisition of a manufacturing company. Transaction included a private equity fund investment and a senior secured bank loan facility.
- Represented private equity sponsor in connection with senior secured debt financing for its portfolio company’s acquisition of another telecom company.
- Represented lender in connection with senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facility to a national designer, importer, and distributor of infant and juvenile consumer products.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Reynolds is a member of the Women’s Bar Association and Turnaround Management Association.
Education & Credentials
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- JD, 2010
- College of the Holy Cross
- BA, 2004, cum laude
Choate represented Crystal Financial in connection with its exit asset-based credit facility to True Religion, the global denim and apparel brand.
Choate represented Citizens Bank, N.A., as Agent, in connection with a $150,000,000 senior secured loan to Steven Madden and various of its subsidiaries.
Choate represented GACP Finance Co., LLC in connection with a $40,000,000 second lien term loan to Vista Outdoor Inc., a global, publically traded company that specializes in the design, manufacturing and marketing of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreations market.
Choate recently represented Sverica Capital Management in its platform growth investment in Gorilla Logic, LLC.
Choate represented Second Avenue Capital Partners, LLC in a senior secured credit facility to Tommie Cooper Holdings, Inc., a manufacturer of patented copper-infused compression apparel for everyday wear.