Kate Reynolds represents financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private equity sponsors in a variety of complex financial transactions, including secured and unsecured lending transactions, acquisition financings, working capital and other senior credit facilities, and second-lien and mezzanine debt financings. Prior to joining Choate in 2012, she practiced at a national law firm where her areas of focus included advising financial institutions in connection with syndicated debt financings and asset-based financings, particularly for retail and consumer products companies.
Finance: Represents commercial banks and other financial institutions in single-lender and multi-lender transactions to provide financing for companies in a variety of industries.
- Represented agent in connection with structuring and workout of $300,000,000 senior secured revolving credit facility to major grocery store chain.
- Represented agent in connection with amendment to existing revolving credit agreement to add term loan facility to fund acquisition.
- Represented lender in connection with a $7,000,000 term loan to a sporting goods company.
- Represented institutional investors as mezzanine debt lenders in connection with the acquisition of a manufacturing company. Transaction included a private equity fund investment and a senior secured bank loan facility.
- Represented private equity sponsor in connection with senior secured debt financing for its portfolio company’s acquisition of another telecom company.
- Represented lender in connection with senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facility to a national designer, importer, and distributor of infant and juvenile consumer products.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Reynolds is a member of the Women’s Bar Association and Turnaround Management Association.
Education & Credentials
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- JD, 2010
- College of the Holy Cross
- BA, 2004, cum laude