Melissa Gaied brings a collaborative and results-driven approach to her representation of banks, non-bank lenders, mezzanine investors, and other financial institutions that provide financing to companies in a wide range of industries, such as retail, sports, healthcare, real estate, technology, and infrastructure. She advises clients on industry trends and key terms in loan agreements and collateral documents. Melissa also leads trainings for client teams on a range of topics, including security and perfection matters under UCC Article 9.
Melissa’s clients include Avante Capital Partners, Bank of America, Brookside Capital Partners, Pathlight Capital, Second Avenue Capital Partners, SLR Credit Solutions, and Wells Fargo Bank.
- Wells Fargo in an asset-based, senior secured loan to SPARC Group, who acquired Brooks Brothers after the brand filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Avante Capital Partners in a secured unitranche financing to Golden Bear Physical Therapy and Sports Injury Center, Inc., a leading outpatient physical therapy platform providing specialized treatment to help patients with orthopedic, neurological, musculoskeletal, and sports injuries and a portfolio company of leading private equity firm Shore Capital.
- Second Avenue Capital Partners in a debtor-in-possession financing and subsequent reemergence financing to Old Time Pottery, LLC, a discount home décor retailer.
- SLR Credit Solutions in a debtor-in-possession financing to renown jean retailer True Religion.
- SLR Credit Solutions in a $70 million asset-based term loan to Southern States Cooperative, a leading provider of farm supply products and services headquartered in Richmond, VA.
- Pathlight Capital in a $97.5 million senior secured credit facility to Black Box Corporation, a leading digital solutions provider that helps customers design, build, manage and secure their IT infrastructure.
- Citibank in a senior secured credit facility to a National Hockey League team.
Publications & Presentations
“Data After Death: An Examination into Heirs’ Access to a Decedent’s Private Online Account,” 49 Suffolk University Law Review 281, 2016.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 2016, summa cum laude
- The George Washington University
- BA, 2012
Five Choate attorneys – Peter Flynn, Melissa Gaied, Zach Rosen, Kevin Sarro, and Jennie Wilusz – have been elected as principals, effective May 1, 2023.
Choate represented Pathlight Capital as agent in a $35M term loan to Vince, LLC, a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand.
Choate represented Citizens Bank, N.A., as Agent, in connection with a $150,000,000 senior secured loan to Steven Madden and various of its subsidiaries.
Choate represents Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as administrative and collateral agent in connection with the $315 million asset-based credit facility to Brooks Brothers Group, Inc. and various of its affiliates.
Choate represented Pathlight Capital in a $97.5 million senior secured asset-based credit facility with Encina Business Credit, LLC to Black Box Corporation and certain of its U.S., UK and Dutch affiliates.