Natalia Smychkovich is a member of Choate’s IP and Complex Trial and Appellate Litigation groups. She litigates complex cases in federal and state court, and represents a broad range of clients across industries, from multi-national pharmaceutical companies to global technology providers. Natalia is experienced in helping clients resolve matters involving intellectual property, commercial contracts, and executive compensation. Natalia’s practice also includes representing clients in class action litigation, as well as domestic and international arbitration.
- Best Lawyers in America: “Ones to Watch” (2024)
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement litigation related to the treatment of hereditary angioedema.
- Counsel for distributor of consumer electronics in nationwide class action litigation brought under state consumer protection and unfair competition laws.
- Counsel for investment companies in an international arbitration arising from a joint venture dispute.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in a termination dispute with a former employee.
- On a pro bono basis, counsel for several immigrant aid groups and individuals in a federal lawsuit challenging decisions relating to Temporary Protected Status.
- Counsel for leading content delivery company in a patent infringement litigation.
- Counsel for high-level corporate executives in wrongful termination and defamation arbitration.
- Counsel for sponsor of the au pair cultural exchange program in connection with nationwide class action litigation.
- Assisted in drafting amicus brief for the Supreme Court on behalf of the Boston Patent Law Association.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 2017, summa cum laude
Associate Executive Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
Daniel J. Fern Award for Highest G.P.A. in Graduating Class
Best Oral Advocate Award
- Suffolk University
- BA, 2011, magna cum laude
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
U.S. District Court, Colorado
Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 43 Choate attorneys in its 2024 edition, including naming 4 partners as Lawyer of the Year in Boston for their respective practice areas.