Shaina Wamsley London is an associate in Choate’s Finance & Restructuring Group. She regularly represents financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private equity sponsors in a broad range of transactions, including asset-based and cash flow financings, acquisition financings, and other strategic financings across a variety of industries and business sectors.
Finance: complex financial transactions for banks and institutional investors, borrowers and issuers in a full range of financings.
Private Equity: commercial financing transactions for private equity funds and their portfolio companies.
- Represented agent in connection with a $105,000,000 term loan and $30,000,000 revolving loan to a public company that designs instructional technology for students and teachers.
- Represented lender in connection with a $25,000,000 second lien term loan to a telecommunications public company.
- Represented insurance company in connection with senior secured note purchases to refinance the stadium of a National Football League team.
- Represented institutional investors as mezzanine lenders in connection with the acquisition of an agricultural company.
Professional and Community Involvement
Shaina is a volunteer mentor with the Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Friend 2 Friend Program, which serves adults who have disabilities. She is an active participant in Choate’s pro bono program and provides regular pro bono legal advice at the Center for Women & Enterprise. Shaina is a member of the Boston Bar Association and Turnaround Management Association.
Education & Credentials
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2014, cum laude
- Civil Rights Civil Liberties Journal
- University of Maryland
- BA, 2009, magna cum laude
Choate represented Gordon Brothers Finance Company in a $40 million refinancing deal to Cherokee Global Brands.
Choate represented Bank of America Business Capital as the agent, lender and issuing bank in connection with a revolving, asset-based loan facility to Oneida Ltd., Anchor Hocking, LLC, Oneida Canada, Limited, Anchor Hocking Canada, Inc. and certain affiliates, providers of consumer and commercial tabletop and food preparation products in the U.S. and Canada.
Choate recently represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association as Administrative Agent and the Senior Secured Lender in connection with a Senior Secured Revolving Credit Facility as part of a debtor-in-possession financing to The Walking Company and its various affiliates.