Shaina Wamsley London advises banks and other financial institutions that provide companies with access to liquidity for working capital needs, consummating acquisitions, refinancing existing debt, making dividends to equity holders, and restructuring their balance sheets. She counsels clients on how to structure complicated financings and debt & equity restructurings, including for first lien and second lien financings, unitranche financings, first-in, last-out financings, unsecured financings, and debtor-in-possession financings.
Shaina is frequently relied on by clients to advise them on “what’s market” and is lauded for approaching matters with a problem-solving and collaborative mindset. She has depth and experience across a variety of business sectors and has represented clients providing loans to sports teams and leagues, retail and hospitality companies, companies constructing and managing entertainment venues and other infrastructure projects, healthcare companies, software and technology companies, and electronics companies.
Shaina’s clients include Truist Bank, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Citibank, SLR Credit Solutions, Callodine Commercial Finance, U.S. Bank, Bank of America, Pathlight Capital, PNC Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- SFNet “40 Under 40” Award 2022
- Truist Bank, as agent, in connection with a delayed draw term loan facility financing the renovation of the Climate Pledge Arena, which will be used by the Seattle Kraken, a new NHL expansion franchise.
- Citibank, as agent for a syndicate of banks and a syndicate of insurance companies, in connection with the “league-wide” credit facilities established by an NHL special purpose vehicle for National Hockey League clubs.
- PNC Bank, as agent, in an asset-based revolving credit facility to Designer Brands, Inc.
- SLR Credit Solutions, as agent, in connection with an asset-based loan to Southern States Cooperative, an agricultural cooperative operating throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
- Truist Bank, as agent, in providing a construction financing to Austin Arena Company, LLC, the proceeds of which will be used to construct a new basketball arena on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin.
- Bank of America, as co-collateral agent, in providing debtor-in-possession financing to Fred’s Inc., which was a public retail store with pharmacy operations prior to its cessation of business during Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Social Finance, a non-profit organization, in structuring and negotiating documentation for a Pay for Success initiative to increase employment opportunities for limited English speakers in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Pathlight Capital, as agent, in providing a receivables financing to a special purpose vehicle which is a subsidiary of a company that designs and manufactures merchandising displays for international branded cosmetics companies and retailers.
- U.S. Bank, as agent, in providing a financing to Major League Soccer team FC Cincinnati to build its new soccer stadium.
- Wells Fargo, as agent, in providing an asset-based loan to a luxury watch and jewelry store.
- Various non-profit organizations applying for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and in other non-profit governance matters.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Board of Directors of Family Independence, Inc., a non-profit that provides group home living and other support services to teen mothers and their children
- Mentor with the Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Friend 2 Friend Program, which serves adults who have developmental disabilities
- Provides regular pro bono legal advice to charitable organizations
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
Education & Credentials
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2014, cum laude
- Civil Rights Civil Liberties Journal
- University of Maryland
- BA, 2009, magna cum laude
Honored by her colleagues and peers for excellence in the finance industry, Shaina Wamsley London was named as one of the Secured Finance Network’s 40 Under 40.
Six Choate attorneys – John Chambers, Kevin Finnerty, Dr. Xiaodong Li, Mike Shinall, Sean Small, and Shaina Wamsley London – have been elected principal at the Firm, effective May 1, 2021.
Choate represented PNC Bank in its $400,000,000 asset-based revolving credit facility to Designer Brands Inc., one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
Choate represented Truist Bank as administrative agent and a lender in connection with a revolving credit facility to Teradyne, which designs, develops, manufactures and sells automatic test systems used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronics systems in the consumer electronics, wireless, automotive, industrial, computing, communications, and aerospace and defense industries.
Choate represented a subsidiary of B. Riley Financial, Inc. in connection with a $20,000,000 term loan to theMaven, Inc.