Steve Tonkovich provides his clients with practical business and legal counsel to meet their unique needs. Mr. Tonkovich has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star four times.
Debt & Equity Financings: senior and subordinated secured and unsecured debt financings (including asset-based and cash-flow loans), public offerings both as company and underwriter counsel and private equity offerings by public companies.
Mergers and Acquisitions: corporate transactions for public and private companies, including all types of mergers, acquisitions and leveraged buyouts for companies in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology and emerging growth industries.
Private Equity: all aspects of fund formation, capital raising and acquisition of target companies for search funds and private equity funds.
- Represented lender in $75 million debtor-in-possession facility for furniture retailer.
- Represented lender in $115 million working capital/acquisition facility for national toy retailer.
- Represented lender in $35 million working capital/acquisition facility for international manufacturing company.
- Represented underwriters in $54 million public stock offering in the US and Canada.
- Represented issuer in $17 million public stock offering.
- Represented underwriters in $40 million biotech public stock offering.
- Represented underwriters in $41 million technology public stock offering.
- Represented private equity fund in $57 million acquisition of parcel delivery company.
- Represented private equity fund in $185 million acquisition of store fixture companies.
- Represented private equity fund in $102 million sale of healthcare company.
- Represented family-owned seed manufacturing business in $42 million sale to private equity fund.
Presentations and Publications
- “How to Raise a Search Fund,” author, Boston College Financial, summer 2010.
- “Fund a Search Fund: Raising Capital for Entrepreneurs Looking to Buy a Business,” panelist, Boston College’s MBA Entrepreneurship Club, March 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Tonkovich is a member of the Boston and Massachusetts Bar Associations and the Association for Corporate Growth.
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1997
- Boston College
- BA, 1994, magna cum laude
Choate represented The Carlyle Group, and its global credit platform, in its recent second lien term loan to Le Tote in connection with the fashion rental subscription service’s purchase of Lord + Taylor from Hudson's Bay Company.
Choate represented Great American Capital Partners in its $200,000,000 senior secured term loan to BJ Services, LLC, a pressure pumping services provider.
Choate represented Great Hill Partners, a leading growth-oriented private equity firm, in its definitive cross-border agreement to sell its controlling interest in portfolio company Ascenty, LLC, the largest provider of data center and fiber infrastructure services in Brazil, to Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR). The transaction values the company at over $1.8 billion.
Choate represented Tower Arch Capital, a Utah-based private equity fund, in its acquisition of Panoramic Doors, a designer and manufacturer of patented, independent panel patio door systems used in residential and commercial applications.