Wealth Management: trust investments and administration estate settlement, gift, estate and generation skipping transfer tax planning and related income tax planning.
- Creation of trusts, partnerships, corporations and other entities to maximize tax advantaged inter-generational family wealth transfers.
- Representation of individuals, trust and estates before IRS in connection with income tax, estate tax, gift tax and generation-skipping transfer tax audits and ruling requests.
- Representation of family-owned business owners in estate and business succession planning.
- Serves as trustee and executor of numerous family trusts and estates, supervising investment planning, asset preservation and distributions.
- Representation of families in will contests and other probate litigation arising out of creation and administration of estates and trusts.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Whitney is a Trustee of the Trustees of Donations to the Protestant Episcopal Church. Mr. Whitney is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Boston Estate Planning Council. He received the Boston University School of Law Alumni Academic Achievement Award for the highest cumulative average in the three year program of law study, and the American Jurisprudence Awards for Property, Civil Procedure, Evidence, Corporations and Criminal Law.
Mr. Whitney is a member of numerous organizations, including the Marshall Street Historical Society, A Republican Institution in the City of Boston, the SPS Alumni Association, the Greater Boston Track Club, The Country Club, Brookline, Massachusetts and the Somerset Club.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 1978, magna cum laude
- Vassar College
- AB, 1973, Phi Beta Kappa