With his flexible skillset, Zach Rosen closely assists clients across a wide variety of matters, including in connection with mergers and acquisitions, early and late-stage financings, corporate restructurings, significant commercial agreements, general business guidance, and internal governance. As a result, Zach is viewed as a trusted advisor capable of understanding clients’ specific needs and tackling problems, often nuanced and novel, in a creative and practical way.
Zach specializes in working with clients in the information and technology space, including companies such as Right Networks, Faithlife, and SchoolMint. Clients have remarked that they appreciate Zach’s passion for and understanding of their business and his ability to consider any request comprehensively.
Zach also handles intellectual property licensing matters with an emphasis on software licensing. He has negotiated agreements with companies such as Nissan, Subaru, Mercedes-Benz, Harley Davidson, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Micron Technology, IBM, Amazon, Intuit, Ultimate Software, AIG, Citizens Bank, Webster Bank, and Hancock Whitney. Additionally, Zach counsels on intellectual property and software-related matters in connection with corporate acquisitions and financings.
- Represented BV Investment Partners as the financial sponsor supporting the merger of Novigo and Krypt.
- Represented Bain Capital Life Sciences as lead investor in the $100M Series C financing of JenaValve, a developer and manufacturer of differentiated transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) systems.
- Represented Syncron AB, an aftermarket supplier and service provider in its merger with Mize, Inc., a provider of field service management and warranty management services.
- Represented AbacusNext, a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its combination with Zola Suite to create the strongest portfolio of legal software solutions on the market.
- Represented SchoolMint, the leading provider of strategic enrollment management for K-12 education, in its acquisition of Enrollhand, a leading provider of highly-customized and personalized marketing solutions for K-12 schools and districts.
- Represented Faithlife in its acquisition and its subsequent spin-out sale of Servant Keeper, a church management software company.
- Represented leading private equity-backed healthcare IT services and consulting company in its purchase of a provider of software development to healthcare enterprises.
- Represented McRock Capital as lead investor in $57M Series A funding for Landing AI, a cutting-edge computer software company specializing in data-centric artificial intelligence.
- Represented McRock Capital as lead investor in $33M Series B funding for Plus One Robotics, provider of the fastest and most reliable parcel handling robotics platform in the world.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2016, magna cum laude
- G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar Boston University Law Review
- Brandeis University
- BA, 2011, magna cum laude
BV Investment Partners Sponsors Merger of Novigo and Krypt
Choate represented BV Investment Partners as the financial sponsor supporting the merger of Novigo and Krypt.
Bain Capital Life Sciences Leads $100M Series C Financing in JenaValve
Choate represented Bain Capital Life Sciences as the lead investor in a $100M Series C financing in JenaValve Technology.
New Energy Capital Acquired by Victory Capital
Choate represented New Energy Capital in its sale to Victory Capital. Based in Hanover, New Hampshire, New Energy Capital (NEC) is a leading alternative asset management firm focused on debt and equity investments in clean energy infrastructure projects and companies.
AbacusNext, a THL Portfolio Company, and Zola Suite Announce Combination
Choate represented AbacusNext, a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its combination with Zola Suite to create the strongest portfolio of legal software solutions on the market
PDFTron Receives Strategic Growth Investment from Thoma Bravo
Choate represented PDFTron Systems, Inc. and its financial sponsor in its strategic growth investment from Thoma Bravo.