Stefano Sharma represents clients of Choate’s Litigation Department. He represents a wide array of clients across industries, from multinational biotechnology companies to global reinsurers. Stefano has worked on disputes involving trade secret misappropriation, antitrust laws, employment laws, and the False Claims Act.
During law school, Stefano participated in the Harvard Cyberlaw Clinic, Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Project, and Harvard Transactional Law Clinic. At the Harvard Cyberlaw Clinic, he researched and advised on intellectual property matters in the context of healthcare.
- Currently representing global biopharmaceutical company in False Claims Act action.
- Currently representing multinational corporation in its breach of fiduciary duty claims against former high-ranking executives.
- Represented multinational biotechnology company in trade secret misappropriation lawsuit involving RNAi therapeutics.
- Represented a leading corporation in connection with civil antitrust and wage and hour class action.
- Represented international IT services company in breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation claims against a former client and in the related counterclaims.
- Represented leading private institutions of higher education in Department of Justice investigations.
- Assisted in advising on potential antitrust concerns regarding a company’s board of directors.
- Prepared and presented regulatory compliance advice to a major healthcare provider’s HR and Compliance departments.
Publications and Presentations
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Choate’s pro bono program, partnering with the EdLaw Project to directly advocate for the educational needs of low-income children in the Boston area
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
Education & Credentials
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2017
- Harvard Negotiation Law Review
- University of Florida
- BA, 2013
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
Choate represented Century Equity Partners and its portfolio company, Ritter Insurance Marketing, in its acquisition by Integrity Marketing Group, a leading distributor of life and health insurance, and provider of wealth management and retirement planning solutions.
Choate represented BV Investment Partners in its investment in Marlabs, the global digital solutions company.
Choate represented Tenstreet, leading provider of driver recruiting software and workflow solutions for the trucking industry, in its majority investment from funds advised by Providence Equity Partners.