Tobin Sullivan is a corporate and securities associate at Choate and a member of Choate’s Business department. Mr. Sullivan counsels private equity and growth equity funds in platform and add-on acquisitions, equity investments, sales and other significant transactions. He also advises private portfolio companies, emerging companies and public companies on general corporate matters, including governance, equity incentive compensation, financings and commercial transactions. Mr. Sullivan was named a 2016 Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Business & Technology: represents public and private companies in a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance issues, venture capital equity financings and general corporate work
Mergers & Acquisitions: represents leading middle-market private equity funds and their portfolio companies in corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, sales and other strategic transactions, in a variety of industries, including healthcare, medical device, software and technology.
Private Equity: represents funds of all types in aspects of capital raising and acquisitions of target companies.
General Corporate & Securities: represents companies in general corporate matters and securities law compliance issues.
Capital Markets: represents underwriters and issuers in connection with public and private securities offerings.
- Representation of specialty pharmacy and its equity sponsor in $315 million sale to public company strategic acquirer.
- Representation of US public life sciences company in strategic acquisition of privately held life sciences company based in Switzerland.
- Representation of private equity fund in $200+ million leveraged buyout of specialty hardware component manufacturer.
- Counsels Nasdaq-listed companies on general corporate governance and SEC periodic reporting.
- Representation of underwriters and public company issuers in initial and follow-on public offerings.
- Representation of medical device company and its private equity sponsor in $33 million sale to Irish-based public company.
- Representation of private equity funds and their portfolio companies in numerous leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and sales.
- Assists in representation of multiple biotechnology and life sciences companies in general corporate matters and equity financings.
Publications and Presentations
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Sullivan represents clients from the Lawyer’s Clearinghouse—Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless. He is currently a member of the Boston Bar and American Bar Associations.
Education & Credentials
- Northeastern University School of Law
- JD, 2012
- Staff Member, Northeastern University Law Journal
- Cornell University
- BS, 2007
Choate recently advised Cyteir Therapeutics in its $29 million Series B preferred stock financing. The investment was led by Venrock, who was joined by returning investors including Celgene, along with new investors Lightstone Ventures and DROIA Oncology Ventures.
Choate recently represented Symbiotix Biotherapies, Inc. (Symbiotix), a pioneering microbiome company developing novel molecular therapeutics based on the human microbiome, in its recent equity financing from Kairos Ventures, LLC.