Jen Fenn’s practice focuses on the representation of lenders in a broad range of financing transactions. Ms. Fenn has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Finance: complex financial transactions for banks and institutional investors, including asset-based and cash flow financings as well as mezzanine loans and other junior capital investments.
Bankruptcy & Restructuring: represents secured creditors in a variety of creditor’s rights and insolvency matters, including restructuring, workouts, and cash collateral and debtor-in-possession financings.
- Represented agent in connection with $650 million syndicated revolving and term loan credit facility for working capital needs of supermarket chain.
- Represented agent in connection with $37.5 million revolving and term loan facility for working capital and acquisition needs of retail chain.
- Represented agent in connection with $2.1 billion syndicated revolving credit facility for working capital needs of national retail chain.
- Counseled agent in connection with foreign borrowers and guarantors party to $60 million revolving credit facility to software company.
- Representation of various secured lenders in connection with Chapter 11 proceedings of retailers and other companies with respect to debtor-in-possession financings, cash collateral disputes, §363 sales, confirmation matters and other aspects of borrower’s bankruptcies effecting lenders.
- Representation of various revolving credit lenders and term lenders in connection with secured credit facilities to retail chain stores, manufacturers and other businesses.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Fenn is a member of the Women’s Bar Association.
Education & Credentials
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- JD, 2006
- Lafayette College
- BA, 2003, cum laude
Choate represented Pathlight Capital in a $97.5 million senior secured asset-based credit facility with Encina Business Credit, LLC to Black Box Corporation and certain of its U.S., UK and Dutch affiliates.
Jennifer Conway Fenn has been elected to partner in the Firm’s finance and restructuring practice, effective January 1, 2019.
Choate recently represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association as Administrative Agent and the Senior Secured Lender in connection with a Senior Secured Revolving Credit Facility as part of a debtor-in-possession financing to The Walking Company and its various affiliates.