Jennifer Fenn is a recognized leader both in and out of the office, and is routinely an integral part of some of Choate’s most high-profile transactions. Jen represents lenders in a broad range of complex financing transactions for both banks and institutional investors, focusing on asset-based transactions with an emphasis on the retail market. Jen’s ability to execute the full lifecycle of a variety of deal structures – including originations, distressed work, DIP financings, and emergence financings – has impressed clients and peers alike.
Beyond her client work, Jen has a proven commitment to developing and mentoring the next generation of talent. As one of the Firm’s two Hiring Partners, Jen has played an active role in Choate’s hiring process for years.
- SFNet “40 Under 40” Award 2020
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Agent in connection with $650 million syndicated revolving and term loan credit facility for working capital needs of supermarket chain.
- Agent in connection with $37.5 million revolving and term loan facility for working capital and acquisition needs of retail chain.
- Agent in connection with $2.1 billion syndicated revolving credit facility for working capital needs of national retail chain.
- Agent in connection with foreign borrowers and guarantors party to $60 million revolving credit facility to software company.
- Various secured lenders in connection with Chapter 11 proceedings of retailers and other companies with respect to debtor-in-possession financings, cash collateral disputes, §363 sales, confirmation matters, and other aspects of borrower’s bankruptcies affecting lenders.
- Various revolving credit lenders and term lenders in connection with secured credit facilities to retail chain stores, manufacturers, and other businesses.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Women’s Bar Association
Education & Credentials
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- JD, 2006
- Lafayette College
- BA, 2003, cum laude
Choate represented Pathlight Capital in its $150M term loan credit facility to HBC, a holding company of portfolio businesses operating at the intersection of retail and real estate.
Recognized by her colleagues and peers for excellence in the finance industry, Jen Fenn was selected as one of the Secured Finance Network’s 40 Under 40.
Choate represented PNC Bank in its $400,000,000 asset-based revolving credit facility to Designer Brands Inc., one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
Choate represents Wells Fargo in its capacity as administrative agent under the third amended and restated credit agreement in connection with the bankruptcy proceedings of Lucky Brand Dungarees LLC.