Seth Mennillo’s practice focuses on complex finance transactions ranging from private equity-sponsored leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations to syndicated, investment grade strategic acquisition financings and working capital facilities, representing senior as well as mezzanine and second-lien lenders.
Seth has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Finance: represents agent banks and other financing sources in connection with commercial lending transactions in a variety of industries including information technology, healthcare and biotechnology, retail and apparel, manufacturing, energy and environmental services.
- Counsel to Crystal Financial LLC in $12.5 million term loan secured by complex collateral package consisting of first-lien position on restricted shares of publicly-traded stock and second-lien position on all other assets.
- Counsel to Babson Capital in mezzanine loan to, and equity co-investment in, national provider of signage and lighting services.
- Counsel to Citizens Business Capital in $31.5 million asset-based, senior secured credit facility for Dover Saddlery, Inc., leading national retailer of equestrian products.
- Counsel to Webster Bank, N.A., in $30 million senior secured, revolving credit facility to provider of data backup and recovery solutions.
- Counsel to Salus Capital Partners, LLC, as agent bank in asset-based, debtor-in-possession financing to dELiA*s, Inc.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank as agent bank in senior secured, $300 million refinancing of senior secured notes of leading supplier of power transmission and motion control products.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank as agent bank in $525 million syndicated acquisition financing for leading provider of blood management services and devices.
- Counsel to Bank of America as agent bank in $800 million syndicated financing of a $1.3 billion strategic acquisition by leading public environmental services and waste management company.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank as agent bank in multiple syndicated, multi-currency working capital facilities, including $900 million facility for an international consulting firm, $550 million facility for global chemical manufacturing company, $300 million facility for global manufacturer and provider of veterinary products and services, and $150 million facility for global software company.
- Counsel to Abacus Finance Group as sole lender or agent bank in several private equity-sponsored leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations of lower-middle-market companies, with term loan and revolving credit facilities ranging from $5 to over 70 million. Negotiated intercreditor agreements with subordinated unsecured and second-lien creditors.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank as agent bank in $80 million senior secured term loan and revolving credit facility to provider of mortgage-backed securities due diligence services.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank in revolving credit facility to national clothing and accessory retailer.
- Counsel to KeyBank as agent bank in $367.5 million senior secured term loan and revolving credit facility, and $50 million unsecured term loan facility, to national self-storage REIT.
- Counsel to Bank of America as agent bank in $250 million unsecured, syndicated credit facility to leading provider of workwear apparel and textile services.
- Counsel to Bank of America as agent bank in $125 million senior secured, syndicated credit facility to public staffing firm.
- Counsel to HSBC as agent bank in $135 million syndicated credit facility to leading apparel manufacturer.
- Counsel to RBS Citizens as agent bank in $45 million senior secured, multiple-lender credit facility to private oil and gas manufacturing company.
- Counsel to RBS Citizens in $50 million secured line of credit to national construction management firm.
- Counsel to major commercial bank as agent bank in $550 million pre-petition, senior secured credit facility on behalf of 70-lender syndicate in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization of national provider of building materials and construction services.
- Counsel to major commercial bank providing $80 million of debtor-in-possession financing.
Publications and Presentations
“From Sprawl to Sustainability: Smart Growth, New Urbanism, Green Development and Renewable Energy,” co-author, American Bar Association, second edition, 2010.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2006, magna cum laude
- Senior Articles Editor, Boston University Law Review
- University of Southern California
- BA, 2001, magna cum laude