2015 Best Lawyers in America
70% of the Equity Partnership Recognized
Choate Press Release
| September 9, 2014
Choate announced today that 47 attorneys at the firm – 70 percent of the firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
Many of Choate’s 47 Best Lawyers were named in multiple categories below, and Eric Marandett was named “Lawyer of the Year” in the Patent Litigation category in Boston for his top marks in ability, professionalism and integrity.
- Antitrust Law – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr.
- Appellate Practice – A. Hugh Scott
- Banking and Finance Law – Lyman G. Bullard, Jr., James A. McDaniel, Peter M. Palladino, and John F. Ventola
- Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Douglas R. Gooding, Kevin J. Simard, and John F. Ventola
- Business Organizations – William P. Gelnaw, Jr.
- Commercial Litigation – Mark D. Cahill, Jack Cinquegrana, Robert S. Frank, Jr., John A. Nadas, E. Macey Russell, A. Hugh Scott, and Daniel C. Winston
- Copyright Law – Karen F. Copenhaver
- Corporate Law – William B. Asher, Jr., Stephen M. L. Cohen, William P. Gelnaw, Jr., Robert V. Jahrling III, Brian P. Lenihan, John A. Meltaus, Laurence P. Naughton, Peter M. Palladino, and Andrew E. Taylor, Jr.
- Corporate Governance Law – William B. Asher, Jr., Jack Cinquegrana, Michael T. Gass, and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – Arthur S. Meyers
- Employment Law: Individuals – Thomas E. Shirley
- Health Care Law – Christine G. Savage
- Information Technology Law – Karen F. Copenhaver
- Labor Law: Management – Thomas E. Shirley
- Litigation: Antitrust – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr.
- Litigation: Bankruptcy – Douglas R. Gooding
- Litigation: ERISA – Arthur S. Meyers
- Litigation: Labor & Employment – Thomas E. Shirley
- Litigation: Securities – Jack Cinquegrana
- Non-Profit/Charities Law – Charles A. Cheever
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law – Peter M. Palladino
- Sports Law – Lyman G. Bullard, Jr.
- Tax Law – Louis J. Marett
- Trusts & Estates – Kristin T. Abati, Charles A. Cheever, Silvana (Nan) Giner, William A. Lowell, Brian W. Monnich, and Jennifer C. Snyder
Published since 1983, Best Lawyers is called the “definitive guide to legal excellence” because it’s based on over four million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Listings cannot be purchased; lawyers are included on the Best Lawyers list based exclusively on merit.